Get Inside the Game at Emagination’s Game Design Camp for Teens
- Teens ages 15 – 18 experience what it’s like to work at today’s top game design studios.
- Choose a role on a development team then design and build a 3D video game.
Immersive Two-Week Overnight STEM Program — Weekends Included
- For Teens 15 – 18 years old.
- There are no prerequisites.
- 14 days and 13 nights.
- Fun on the weekends with fellow game designers is part of the program and included in tuition.
- Outdoor games, swimming and free time each day to hang with friends and challenge others in console and computer gaming tournaments.
Learn the Valuable Skills of Today’s Professionals
- Teens learn the key technical and creative components of video game design including level design and function, the creation of 3D characters, lighting, sound effects and programming.
- Teens learn to use industry standard software including 3ds Max® and Maya® from Autodesk; Adobe Photoshop®; and Unreal Engine 4 from Epic Games.
Join a Development Team
- Choose a role — Level Designer, 3D Animator, Audio Artist, Story Writer, Programmer, and Game Tester (everyone’s a Game Tester!).
Build a Playable 3D Game
- Lead Designers (aka the Instructors) oversee development teams as they use an industry standard Design Document to build a playable 3D game powered by Unreal Engine 4.
- Construct the game world > Create 3D characters and animations > Select the sound & music > Program objects & controls > Create the menus
Learn from Guest Speakers
Guest speakers share design insights and an inside look at working in this $100 billion global industry.
Speakers and panel experts have included:
Rick Goodman – Creator of Age of Empires
Sean McBride – Art Director at Hi-Rez
Ben Knapp – Character Artist at Hi-Rez
Jamie Gotch – Creator of Fieldrunners for the iPhone
Andrew Greenberg – Designer and founder of S.I.E.G.E
Ken Lightener – Coder at CCP (makers of E.V.E. Online)
Jason Bender – Lead Designer The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II
Craig Alexander – VP Product Development at Turbine
Ian Davis – Rockstar Games
and many others
Tour a Game Design Studio
We tour a local game design studio to see the pros in action.
Tours have included:
Blizzard Entertainment – Makers of Diablo III and World or Warcraft!
Hi-Rez Studios – Makers of Global Agenda as well as the upcoming remake of Tribes!
Blue Fang Games – Makers of the hugely popular Zoo Tycoon games and Oregon Trail for Facebook!
Turbine Studios – Makers of Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons Online!
High Voltage Software – Independent Game Development Studio.
EA Games – Nuff Said.
Expert Panel of Industry Pros
Development teams present their games to a panel of industry pros for critique and awards on the last day of the program. And, everyone receives an Emagination Diploma.
Gaming at Night and Daily Recreation
Of course there’s console and network gaming tournaments at night (its research!) and time each day for games on the field and swimming in the pool. Take part in basketball, kickball, soccer, ultimate Frisbee, dodge ball, lightning and, of course swimming. The choice is yours!
Like What You See? Try them for yourself.
Download and play games created at Emagination Game Design.
Teens Come to Boston and Atlanta – It’s Worth the Trip!
Teens travel to Emagination Game Design by car, plane or train from all over America and many foreign countries. We provide Transportation Assistance
Space is limited — Register today!
Options for 14 & Under
Not 15, but still want to learn video game design?
Check out Emagination Computer Camps which offers exciting video game design
workshops, plus a lot more!
Emagination’s video game design summer camps for teens offer a two-week summer camp course in video game design and development in the USA at college campuses in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts and Atlanta, Georgia. Teens make new friends and contacts as they learn the video game design and development process as practiced in the $100 billion global video game design industry. It’s the perfect teen summer camp experience for teens who are serious about learning video game design.