Program Assistants – Doing the Right Thing When No One is Watching
Who Gets Invited to be a PA?
- Eligible campers are entering 10th grade or higher after camp and have completed at least one session at Emagination.
- Not all eligible campers are invited.
- Invitations go out in the fall for the upcoming summer.
- Program Assistants must be able to attend two overnight sessions.
What Do PA’s Do?
- PAs play a leadership role and are responsible for assisting in the delivery of Emagination’s program.
- PAs are positive role models and are held to high standards.
- PAs attend a PA Leadership Workshop where they have fun learning valuable social skills and life skills.
- PAs become a teaching assistant in a workshop of their choice during their second camp session.
- PAs take two technology workshops with other campers.
- PAs plan and take an off campus trip on PA Day Out.
Benefits of Being a PA
- PAs have fun learning basic social and life skills — > how to properly shake hands, make eye contact, start a conversation > how to speak to a group > how to manage conflicts > how to influence others > how to plan activities and manage time.
- PAs experience responsibility to the camp community — working at login/logout, escorting campers, running recreation events and much more.
- PAs experience teaching as an assistant to a counselor.
- PAs are seen as role models by campers.
- PAs who successfully complete the program are eligible for a recommendation letter from Emagination’s Executive Director.