Program Applications for Windows
- Teens ages 13 to 17 learn to program using Java, one of the most popular programming language for creating windows applications.
- Two-week STEM camp where campers learn how to use Java to build a variety of applications for Windows, XML Web services, distributed components, client server applications and much more.
- Campers will learn the basics of programming in Java and how it is used by today’s developers to bring seamless integration into desktop and web applications.
- Campers take home a running windows based program.
Immersive Two-Week Day or Overnight STEM Program – Weekend Included
Start here, go anywhere!
- Teens who want to learn to program windows applications.
- Success in this program requires experience with algebra and a strong desire to code.
Progressive Curriculum – Go At Your Own Pace
- Progressive curriculum allows campers with prior coding experience to expand Java coding skills.
- Less experienced campers learn Java fundamentals then move on to more complex concepts.
- No algebra experience? – get started today at Emagination Computer Camps.
21st Century Life Skills
- Work collaboratively with other campers
- Practice time management
- Develop relationships
- Present ideas and project status to campers and staff
- Learn team building skills
Counselors Lead the Way
Emagination Instructors teach Java coding and oversee camper progress in the development of their final windows application projects. Campers are encouraged to offer creative input and develop relationships with other campers. Completed applications are shared with fellow campers for feedback, testing and debugging.
Daily Recreation and Open Lab Time at Night
At Emagination, we believe in building healthy bodies as well as minds. That’s why all our campers participate in daily recreational activities.
- LARPing, dodge ball, capture the flag, kickball, ultimate Frisbee and swimming (where offered)
- Programming challenges
- Console and network gaming tournaments
A Traditional Camp Experience
From camper groups and Refresh period to our Evening Program and Super Saturday, our campers participate in daily activities which go beyond the classroom to encourage social interactions, participation, and fun!
The weekend between weeks includes a day of fun on Saturday and rest on Sunday, all included in tuition. On Saturday, campers and counselors team-up for indoor and outdoor games and activities and then stay up late at the Saturday Night Programming Party. Day campers are invited to join the fun on Saturday for camp activities including a sleepover.
STEM Education Opportunity
For teenagers looking to further their technology education, Emagination’s Programming Camp offers the perfect opportunity to develop real world programming skills.
Our programming camp program teaches teens the basics of Java and shows them how to use on of the most popular dynamic languages to build Windows, XML Web services and other client-server applications. This dynamic language allows users both beginning and advanced to create quick applications that can be used in the real world.
Teens travel to Emagination Programming Camp by car, plane or train from all over America and several foreign countries. We provide Transportation Assistance.
Fairfield University in Fairfield Connecticut
Mercer University in Atlanta Georgia
Lake Forest College in Lake Forest Illinois
Boston College in Newton Centre Massachusetts
Rosemont College in Rosemont/Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania
Space is limited Register Today!
Options for 12 & Under
Not 13, but still want to learn to code?
Check out Emagination Computer Camps which offers exciting coding workshops for campers 8-17 in Scratch, Python and Java plus a lot more!